David Gill Gallery
David Gill Gallery has an opportunity for a Gallery Assistant to join its London team.
David Gill Gallery first opened in 1987 and is located next to Christie’s Auction House in St James’s. The gallery exhibits work by internationally renowned artists working in design and art, many of whom cross over between disciplines. Artist works include: Zaha Hadid, Fredrikson Stallard, Jorge Pardo, Michele Oka Doner, Barnaby Barford, Yves Klein, Mattia Bonetti, David Chipperfield, Campana Brothers, José Yaque, and Garouste & Bonetti.
Annually, the gallery currently exhibits at six art fairs with between five-six exhibitions at the King Street gallery.
The role of the Gallery Assistant is to assist the Front of House Team as both the first point of contact for visitors, and also providing administrative support. This will include but is not limited to the mailing list and e-commerce platforms and preparing sample requests.
The Gallery Assistant will also help maintain the back-of-house, making sure the office runs smoothly by managing the stationery and kitchen supplies.
This position will be Tuesday – Saturday. Normal working hours will be 9am to 6pm Tuesday-Friday, 10am to 6pm Saturday.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Sending out samples, books and gifts via FED-EX / UPS to clients.
- Assisting the Sales Team in sending out invitations to art fairs and exhibitions.
- Helping manage the mailing list by processing returned invitations and post.
- Maintaining the stationery cupboards and ordering re-fills when necessary.
- Maintaining the kitchen supplies and re-ordering when necessary.
- Greeting visitors to the Gallery, providing the necessary information on the exhibitions, invigilating the Gallery whilst visitors are presents.
- Passing potential clients over to the Gallery Associates and Directors and continuing to assist as needed. This will include making drinks for clients.
- Receiving phone calls to the Gallery, taking messages, and fielding to the relevant team member where necessary.
- Receiving sales enquiries and taking down all necessary information from the prospective client.
- Reviewing the Gallery every morning, noting any maintenance/presentation issues and passing on to the relevant person. Personally ensuring the Gallery is presentable to clients and visitors by 10am every morning.
- One year’s experience working in an art/design Gallery, interiors, or another related field.
- Ability to work independently and part of a team.
- Desire to learn and expand on a career in the arts/gallery world.
- Excellent time management, and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including telephone and email manner.
- Possess an ability to remember names, faces and key information.
- Precise, responsible and organized demeanour.
- Possess demonstrable interest and/or academic knowledge of art and design.
Please submit a cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only qualified candidates will be contacted, please NO visits or phone calls.